Thursday, January 29, 2009

What Kind of Drinker Are you?

Tell me. Because I want to know. Are a wine-o? A beer guzzler?

Personally? I can't stand beer. I can't stand the taste or the smell. Blech!! Beer breath is the worst! I have tried many types of beer in my drinking career (which started at age 19 by the way, I was a good girl), ranging from "regular" beer to the flavored stuff.....which STILL tastes like beer. I'm not falling for that trick any more. It's a waste of money for me to even try it anymore. And no, I won't do irish car bombs either - someone once tried to con me into that. If there is beer involved in ANY drink, I'm not goin' there.

And I don't do wine either. Again, I have tried MANY types of wine and I just can't find one that I like. I WANT to like it because it would be nice to have a glass of wine with the hubby while we cook dinner.


What you WILL find in my hand most often are the foo-foo drinks. Daquiries, margaritas, etc.


However, having said that, I LOVE me some shots. Not straight shots of tequila or vodka though. I'm talking about shots like "birthday cake" or "lemon drop" or, my personal favorite, "Washington Apple" (see below)

I'm picky on my shots (just like with food). I have to know what's in them. I don't like when people buy me random shots and then tell me to "just drink it" because I prefer to know what poison I am about to ingest!

6 comments:

Itskellerific said...

Okay...

I am not really a beer drinker, but sometimes nothing hits the spot for me quite like a beer. My two favorites are Boulevard Wheat with a slice of lemon and Blue Moon with a slice of orange. No Budweiser for me! And if you don't like beer, you HAVE to try lambic. My favorite is Framboise, raspberry flavored lambic. I think this drink may convert you. It's pricey, but delicious.

Wine... I love me some wine. I'll drink almost any wine as long as it isn't sweet. I would recommend going to wine country (I know you have it out there) and sampling everything and figuring out what you like. The people at the vineyeard should be very knowledgeable and be able to help you figure something out. Plus, that would be a very romantic date for you and Eric. Hell, lets just all go to a vineyard when I come to town. Jon hates wine, so you two can buddy up.

Mixed drinks? No thank you! They give me the shits and all extra sugar is no good for my diabetes (though any alcohol is bad for diabetes). I do occasionally enjoy a nice margarita, though.

Shots... what can I say... There is no better way to get the job done than a good ol' shot. I think they all taste terrible, so I don't really care what I get. I do have to take a moment to prepare myself mentally if someone puts a shot of tequila or 151 in front of me.

Hmmm... I'm all of a sudden feeling very thirsty.

Lo said...

i agree with wendy- lindemans framboise is quite possibly the best tasting liquid out there. i used to hate beer but i worked at Yard House, which.... if you google it, is known for it's beer. 151 different kinds, ALL ON TAP! heaven. :)

i am a beer drinker. right now i'm on dos equis. but my staples are stella artois and pilsner. i do like smithwicks (pronounced smitticks) too.

having said that? i think i'm a professional drinker lol!!! i drink pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc, LOVE IT. i drink pretty much a glass every night. yikes. good for the heart tho!! seriously!!

and i do shots. hahaahha of course i do!! mostly i like tequila 1500 but i'll take just about anything. they all taste the same to me. gross. but it gets the job done. i always use a chaser like the girl i am! :) and i LOVE ME some margaritas. sigh.

oh also? try champagne, or try lambrusco- it's an italian table wine, tastes like juice! i kid you not!

Jenn said...

You two must be drinkin' the wrong shots because I LOVE me some shots. We are going out this weekend and I have my list ready - I do research on shots. How much of a nerd am I?!

My list:
Apple Pie Shooter
Blue Dolphin
Blueberry Pancake
Caramel Apple
Dirty Hooker
Gummy Worm
Jolly Rancher
Kamikaze
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Swedish Berry

Um, there might be a taxi called Saturday night, lol!

Itskellerific said...

Unfortunately you proabably won't be able to find a lambic anywhere but a liquor store. I hope wherever you go has some, though.

Lo is right - Stella Artois is delicious, but you probably won't like it.

I didn't mention this before, but when I come to Boise and hang out downtown with friends we always drink PBR. It tastes awful, but its cheap and its almost like a staple for me when I get to Boise.

I don't drink mixed shots like the ones you mentioned, I just do straight shots. That may be why Lo and I are saying we don't like them. Maybe you should order a straight shot this weekend and see just how much you like it... Something has to be said for a girl who can drink straight liquor and enjoy it. Good luck!

And damn! That is a loooong list of drinks listed!

♥Jacqueline said...

SUPER FUNNY! I am not a beer drinking gal either!! Wine, I'm not really interested in "Rotten" grape juice. ALTHOUGH! I know the perfect wine Lil Miss Sweet tooth would like! A dessert wine would do you just fine! The difference is that the juices are extracted while still frozen! It's absolutely amazing! Foo-Foo drinks, I'm so there! I like the Washington apple as a mixed drink, not too much of a fan of shots. YUCK!

CreativeMish said...

I prefer a margarita on a hot day! (no salt) Nothing too sweet... Also like Captain Morgan and diet coke over ice