Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve was a little different this year. No party at our house, no party at someone else's house. We just stayed home and invited some good friends over. Two friends. That was the extent of our party. And I loved it. I didn't have to worry about my house being trashed (though their puppy did puke on my carpet - but they cleaned it up), I didn't have to pack all the child's stuff up and head over to someone else's house. It was calm and relaxed and I could sleep in my own bed at the end of the night.
So, Nicole and Rob came over. They brought Singstar - which was fun. I didn't sing - I LOVE to sing, but I have this thing about singing in front of other people. It makes my palms sweat and I just can't do it.
The only pictures I have are of the Guitar Hero/Singstar events.....simply because, at the end of those events, I put the child to bed, and then I started drinking and put the camera away. I shouldn't have because there were some funny moments....but oh well. You forgive me anyway, right?
The Guitar Hero fun.

And then Singstar came out. My husband was alllll into this because he's a karaoke super star. So this game was right up his alley. It took a minute for Rob to warm up to the idea. They were singing duets the entire time. Notice my son wandering around - wondering who took over his dad's body. Who is this singing fool?!

But eventually, they warmed up and even got closer together and did some nice little dance moves for us ladies. It was quite entertaining!

Oh yes - almost New Kids on the Block style.

Then Nicole decided she was going to put the boys to shame and she kicked their butts!



Eric decided Carter should try the singing.....we're going to make him a child star and all.

Soon after, he started gazing out the window - I'm sure he was wondering where his real family had gone!


5 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

That's hilarious! I played the "American Idol" version of singing once at a friend's house and it was a lot of fun. However, we both know my husband, and he's not about fun. So, all I have is GTA and Halo 3. Urgh.

Jenn said...

LOL - I don't miss the social situations with that man.

Cristie said...

What version of Singstar was it? We have the 80's version and my girls have become die hard 80's music fans. Seriously! It really is fun. You should get it and sing when nobody's around.

Jenn said...

I'm not sure which version it is - belongs to our friends. It didn't have many songs, but there was a good variety - new stuff, 90's stuff, 80's stuff. But we will definitely check out the all 80's one!

CreativeMish said...

Sounds like a fun time!