Monday, January 12, 2009

A Weekend at the Cabin

This weekend, we headed up to the cabin with some friends. Initially, it was supposed to be a small deal, in celebration of the hubby's birthday. However, it didn't end up being very small by the time the weekend was over. We ended up with 9 people and 6 dogs. Needless to say, it was cramped and that cabin isn't small by any means. The 6 dogs turned out to be quite a pain.....to me anyway. But we made the best of it.
Here are my long underwear buddies, getting ready to head out into the snow because someone's truck got stuck!
Oh no. Not OUR truck. The Chevy. A Chevy would get stuck. Here is Rob attempting to dig it out.
And my hubby watching, lol!
So the girls headed out to watch and snap pictures.
Nicole and Rob

Nicole and Rob brought their two dogs, Taz and Taya. Taya would be the attacker in this picture. She's so cute! She takes on the big dogs at only 4 months old! This picture cracks me up!
And shortly after getting the Chevy unstuck, the boys headed off to snowmobile. They said they would be gone for ONE hour - but several hours later, Nicole and I were still alone. Drinking by ourselves. It got quite amusing after a couple hours!
I'm tellin' ya, it was definitely hazy after a couple of hours.
My brother and his girlfriend, Tracy, showed up during our binge.
After which, Nicole passed out. Never mix beer with liquor folks. She did some cleanin' up in the bathroom the next day, poor girl!
My brother brought his puppy, Guiness. Guiness and Taya are the same age and they had puppy-fights all weekend. They were so cute to watch! Saturday, during the day, we were once again ditched by the boys, so we headed out to do our own sledding.

Here I am, pulling Dana behind the 4 wheeler. He told me I'm a wuss, because I don't go fast enough.
However, after a LONG night of drinking, here is Dana recovering.....with a full pitcher of water. Who's the wuss, now?

Taya nibbling on Guiness' ear.
And him lovin' her back.

4 comments:

Marchelle said...

that looks like SOOOOOOOO much fun!!!!

Amy and Cole said...

Looks like you guys had a freaking blast!!! I love the pictures of the pups they are too stinkin cute!!

♥Jacqueline said...

That SO looks like it was fun! I bet it was an even nicer weekend without the child for a bit eh??

CreativeMish said...

I love the long john picture and that first one of the dogs. I love that wide open mouth shot!