Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Introducing My New Friend

Do you see my new friend?
He doesn't like to hang out on branches where a better photo would be taken.
He needs to hide, so the prey cannot see him.
This eagle comes around every winter at my office. We have seen him snacking on a poor squirrel, and even pull fish out of the river that runs right next to our office. It's regular Nat Geo around here!


I hope to get more pictures of him - on another branch, of course. But we have yet to have that talk. He's quite stubborn. But we'll work on it.



5 comments:

Perfectly Unperfect said...

Nice pics of the eagle and the beautiful snow.

Hope your talk with him goes well. We would all like to see him clear of the branches.

Good luck.

Marchelle said...

that is AWESOME!!!! there aren't many, if any at all, here in central indiana. there are a few a little further west near the illinois border, but not near where i'm at. i've seen one ONCE in the wild in my whole life!

CreativeMish said...

That is awesome! I've heard there are several between Lucky Peak and Barber Park along that stretch of the river... Bill's parents have babies every spring near their house in MN and they get to watch the parents raise and train them. Its amazing watching them catch fish.

Barbara said...

He is just spectacular Jen. I can't wait to see more of this fine fellow
Smiles B

Brandy said...

WOW! I didn't even know those hung around here. Some Idahoan I am...