Monday, April 20, 2009

A Refreshing Evening

For those who don't read my twitter updates (you should....they are fun and humorous most of the time!), things have been quite......tense......in our house lately. So I decided today at work that after work, we were headed out to the park to do something fun. Mostly, I was just hoping we could get along for an hour and Carter could have some fun. And I was right. We had a great time and there were lots of other kids for Carter to play with.
So, we tackled the playground first. There was definitely a bigger kids playground and a toddler playground. Though Carter was only interested in the bigger kids playground. It had more stuff for him to crawl in and around.
And the slides were definitely better. He's quite the little daredevil.
Then we took our bat, ball, and other toys and headed over to the grass.
Carter LOVES kicking the ball. When he gets a good kick, he will clap and say "yaaayyyyy!" He's his own greatest fan!
Then, because it really was warm enough outside (mid 80s), we headed over to the river to splash around a little bit. He HATED that I held his hand the entire time. He wanted me to let him go exploring.....which would have been fine if there was a beach or something. But there wasn't. It was a straight step down into the deep water and let's face it, this mama ain't lettin' go of that kid's hand. :-] I know. Party-pooper.
So when we got home, it was bathtime and that always brings the biggest smile to his face.

5 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

I soooo HEART the black and white pick of you and Carter. SO CUTE!!

Perfectly Unperfect said...

Looks like you guys had a great evening. There is nothing like park time. Kids love it.

Perfectly Unperfect said...

Tag, you be it now. Check out my blog.

Adorned with Lace said...

aw that looks fun, sometimes you just have to get out and play. I feel that way sometimes, it makes things much better:) I love the bathtime pic!

CreativeMish said...

I agree with Ash! It's so much better to get out of the house and do stuff. Even if its just a drive. Its great that you have a park so close to enjoy!