Wednesday, April 8, 2009

THE News!!!!!


So.........as I posted on my Twitter yesterday, I have news. BIG news. And for those who sent me messages, NO, I am not pregnant. Not (financially) ready to go there again.


For those who know me, my best friend in the whole wide world lives in California. And it sucks. We talk every day. EVERY day. By phone. By text. By e-mail. Our days are incomplete if we don't speak to each other.


Anyway, her husband went off to Basic Training a while ago and graduated (yay!) and is now off at AIT. He graduates from that sometime in May. They were hoping he would be stationed somewhere along the west coast so they could stay close to home. Recently, it sounded like he would either get Fort Lewis, WA or Cuba. Yes, CUBA. I could not have handled Cuba. And it's all about me, right?


Anyway, they got their orders yesterday that they will be stationed in Fort Lewis, WA. As in WASHINGTON that is right next to my great state. Wahoooo!!! This means far more visits than what we are currently used to. And I'm slightly stoked. This means my best friend, my bestest friend, my PERSON (ode to Grey's Anatomy) will be a mere hour's flight away, or an 8-hour drive. Oh yes, my friends, this.is.GOOD. And a flight from Boise to Seattle? Chump change....super cheap....no problemo. And road trips through Oregon and Washington? GORGEOUS!!


Ask me how excited I am. Seriously!! They have to report by June 22nd and I am already plannin' the trips in my head, lol!!





6 comments:

Marchelle said...

YAY!! Nothing better than being able to see your "person" more often! =)

Perfectly Unperfect said...

That is so awesome!!! I am so happy for you.

By the way, are you excited?????

:0)

♥Jacqueline said...

YAY!! While you're there, you should definitely take a trip to Ocean Shores, the nicest beach I think WA has!! :o)

CreativeMish said...

That is fabulous!

Marchelle said...

um. i don't think my comment worked.
i just sent you one saying i tagged you and you don't have to play if you don't want to and i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE puddle of mud - psycho.
ok, that's all.

Itskellerific said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you!

However... I think you should have had Eric take a picture of you posing and screaming like the drawing in the picture you posted. It would have been very funny.