Thursday, April 16, 2009

Movie Review: Feast of Love

Summary: Portland, over an 18-month period. Eight couples, four uncouplings, two weddings, two graves, an angry father, a grieving couple, love, sex, heartache, and a dog. Penniless kids Oscar and Chloe' meet at Bradley's coffee shop, fall in love, and share their dreams. Bradley's wife falls for another woman when he's not paying attention. He tries again with his realtor, who's having an affair with a married man. Watching all and providing counsel is Harry, a professor on leave, married to the patient Esther, and paralyzed by grief over the loss of his son. What is love's nature: blindness in the service of procreation, heartbreak, or everything? Can Chloe, Harry, and Bradley discover the answer?

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It had a good mix of every emotion.....though a little more nudity than I care for. But overall, I thought it was a good drama with some funny parts scattered throughout.

2 comments:

CreativeMish said...

HHMM I'll have to get this one. I haven't heard of it. I love Morgan Freeman

Lo said...

ooooooooooooo is this on dvd? must watch!! yay a movie to see this weekend :)