Wednesday, April 15, 2009

How Rude!

So, in our new neighborhood, there are ducks all over the place. Which is nice....they are very tame and I don't mind them at all. I haven't seen our cats chase them yet, and one landed in our yard the other day and the dog just laid there and looked at it. So these ducks must be quite used to animals.

Yesterday evening, I noticed some in our front yard. So I grabbed a piece of bread (yes, the heel piece) and went out to feed them. I tore off some small pieces and tossed them around the ducks.

They didn't eat it.


I thought this was odd.....most animals welcome food. If someone started tossing yummy treats at me, I would certainly not ignore them.


But the ducks ignored me.


I kept tossing.


Finally, I gave up and went back inside, thinking that maybe they were shy and didn't want to have an audience while they ate their treats. So I watched from the front window. One of those male ducks walked right over to one of the pieces of bread on the sidewalk and POOPED on it! Seriously! Who poops on a treat someone has given you?!?


I was highly offended.

Clearly these birds need a fancier treat. And they can certainly waddle their butts over to someone else's house because I'm not being nice anymore.
Sheesh!

2 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

Those ducks should learn some manners... LOL

CreativeMish said...

so much for saving the bread crusts huh???