Friday, April 10, 2009

He's a dipper!

Last night, we had to get creative for dinner. We were running low on food, and money wasn't coming in until today. So we decided to do homemade chicken nuggets and fries. (the fries were not homemade) Anyway, so we made the breading for the nuggets and then popped them into the oven. While those were baking, we made our homemade fry sauce (which is hands-down the BEST fry sauce I have ever had and no you can't have the recipe), and also brought out the BBQ sauce and honey mustard. We sat the child at the table, and he had the same dinner as us (as usual), but he also had bananas. He sat silent for quite a while, observing us dipping our dinner in various dipping sauces. Well, he decided he would like to try the same. So we let him dip his fries and nuggets in all the sauces, giving him a variety of tastes. Soon, he grabbed a banana and held it up as he did with the fries or nuggets, letting us know he was ready to dip! I laughed and told him that he wouldn't like the banana dipped in ANY of those sauces....but he held his hand there, insisting that I let him dip. So I did. He dipped that banana right into the BBQ sauce and munched it down with no second thought. It was so funny! Granted, I didn't attempt his clever combination....but I was more than happy to let him discover his tastes on his own.

4 comments:

Itskellerific said...

No pictures?!

I also have a recipe for fry sauce, and I also will not share it. Its something I hold near and dear to my heart since I live in OKC and no one knows what fry sauce is.

Jenn said...

No, no pictures. We were in the moment and I was laughing too hard!

I really feel sorry for the folks who don't know what fry sauce is!!

Itskellerific said...

Well, you know about me and my fry sauce - I'm sure you remember our recent Arctic Circle trip where I reminded Eric several times that I needed a ton of fry sauce. I'm sure I proceeded to eat several containers of it when I got it, too.

Sooooooo good!

♥Jacqueline said...

Jeff loves the sauce but not the food! lol Well, no picky eater in your neck of the woods. Too funny!