Sunday, July 12, 2009

Photoshop Elements Tutorial: Class 5

Class five was all about adding textures. We actually added three different textures to one photo at the same time.

Textures are really fun and can add subtle, or even drastic, little changes to your pictures. Most often, they are used to add a worn look; but can also be used to add shadows, light, scuffs, tints, or speckles.

I feel that adding textures to photos again requires a certain photo. It's probably not as fun with your standard picture of a smiling little child. It's more fun with "moodier" pictures.

Here is my original:



And here is after I added my three textures:





3 comments:

CreativeMish said...

I love the sandy toes! Great photo!

Itskellerific said...

I LOVE that picture of Carter's feet.

Your paper bag texture is facing a different direction that mine. I like yours more, I think I will have to rotate mine from now on.

Anonymous said...

Wow, the picture looks like it was part of an old movie. You are really good at this photoshop stuff. Great job!