Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Day at the Beach

We decided that we needed to get out of the house today. We had been out all weekend, and didn't want to spend our Sunday inside. So we thought of cheap places to go. It was either Lucky Peak or Eagle Island. Since we live closer to Eagle Island, we took off on our adventure.
And so did several thousand other people. It was PACKED! We decided to just hit the beach - we weren't interested in the water slide today.
We did some boating last year, so I knew Carter was fine with beaches......but he's older now, so I just set him down and let him explore on his own.

Fortunately, the beach at Eagle Island has a relaly gentle slope, so he was able to walk out quite far on his own.
Up to his arm pits, anyway!
And then we decided to stick him in his little floater. He loved that. He was able to peeter around, checking out the babes on the sly.

And in the middle of all our fun was a freak rain storm. It poured!! It was crazy! It definitely fired up all the people - it was fun to watch everyone cheering at the rain.

But once the clouds passed over, we were right back in the water.



How cute is this child!!!???

This is what summer is allll about. I'm sure we will come back several more times throughout the summer. We just had a blast!

"I've got my toes in the water......."
{Zac Brown Band}
I'm so glad my child is a water baby - makes my life soooo much easier! There were several kids there who were being dragged against their will in to swim with their parents. I felt so bad!!

Chillin' on his own.

Rolling in the shallow water.
Having a laugh with Daddy.

Gotta love my guys!










{side note: anorexic girls look RIDICULOUS with fake boobs}

3 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

I agree! Fake boobies don't look good on those skinny minis. Super cute pics!

CreativeMish said...

We used to go there quite often when the kids were little. Its been years since I've gone! Looks like a fabulous time!

CreativeMish said...

oh! by the way... I have more goodies for you