Friday, July 17, 2009

Photoshop Elements Tutorial: Class 11

This class taught us the technique of selective/spot recoloring. I'm not a huge fan of this technique, but I gave it a shot anyway.

Here is my original picture:


And here is my finished product:




As you can see, the first task is to almost, or completely, desaturate your photo. As you can also see, I didn't desaturate enough, as you can still see a blue tint in Carter's jeans. I almost like it better than a true B&W. And then we learned how to use the brush tool to brush back in the color into select parts of your photo. Most often, you see this technique used with little girls when they are holding flowers.....and the flower is all vibrant while the remainder of the picture is B&W or sepia. Since I have a boy, we have no flower pictures......so the bright pink sidewalk chalk was my next best option. I still think it turned out well......I don't dislike this technique as much as I thought I would.

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

I love this! It looks great with just a touch of color in his arms and jeans! and that bright pink chalk is fabulous!