Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day!

We decided to have another small celebration for the 4th. It's easier for us, and easier to deal with Carter. So we just had a couple friends over, and my parents stopped by for a little bit, too. We kept the menu simple: hot dogs, brats, chips and dip, and potato salad. And alcohol.
{Rob and Nicole}
{My beautiful family}

The BBQ......I'm so glad our patio sits in the shade in the evenings. Makes for *slightly* cooler weather.


{My brother, Dana, and his girlfriend, Tracy}


{My parents}
Look at my child! Can he be any more of a ladies' man?! Good lord!


After the BBQ, my parents left and we started the show. Carter really ooooh'd and aaahhhhh'd at the smoke bombs. Probably because they weren't loud!

And he got to hold his own sparklers this year. He did great! He was waving them all over the place.....but still pretty cautious. I think he's still getting the hang of this firework business.

Quite focused.


And he was quite the helper! He was always running down with Eric or my brother when they were lighting the fuses.

And eventually, he wanted to come sit with mama.

There was quite a bit of activity in our neighborhood. There were definitely lots of illegals going off - I wish I had bought some. Next year, I definitely will.


{watching with mommy}
Some of the neighbors' shows.



Carter was up sooooo late. But every time I would ask him if he was ready for bed, he would tell me "noooooo".



Even though he was clearly hanging on by a thread.
And the moon put on quite a show, too!


4 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

Carter looks like he had a great time! We couldn't keep Jeffrey still, he kept wanting to go towards the display, but there were a MILLION people there, so we definitely would have lost him! Egads! It definitely looks like you had a great time!

Itskellerific said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. We got rained out!

Did you mess with the settings on your camera for the fireworks like you wanted to?

Anonymous said...

Great Photos of the fireworks! Loved the moon photo too.

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

u r soooooo pretty.