Sunday, July 19, 2009

The New Art

Sooooo, the hubby has a buddy at work who is a tattoo artist. And the hubby has picked out a shoulder piece that he wants, so I was scrolling through all the pictures, and got sucked into one. They are addicting, let me tell ya. So we invited the buddy over to start on mine. The hubby is still fine-tuning what he wants. So I might as well go first, right? I thought this simple little design would take about 30 minutes, so I was willing to endure the pain.
Finished with the outline. My skin doesn't take ink well, so he had to go over it twice. Ouchie.

Back to the grind with the color.

The man, hard at work. Me, whining the entire time. It took soooo much longer than expected.


The finished product, right when we were done....hence the pink and swelling. Let me tell ya, it didn't hurt any less than the last time I had this bright idea. The wings hurt the absolute most.


When the hubby gets back today, I will have him take a new picture since it's all healed up.

6 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

Your hubby takes pretty good pics too! I do have to say, it looks a lot smaller in person, on camera, I think it looks HUGE! Turned out great though!

CreativeMish said...

ouch!

Miller Mafia said...

that is my brother in law....

Itskellerific said...

I'll have to call you "Hardcore Jenn" from now on. LOL.

Marchelle said...

when you said "back to the grind", i shivered.

but i see you had bud light on hand, so that's good! ;)

i like it! if i ever got one, it would be the back of my neck or MAYBE my wrist.

Jenn said...

Marchelle - I pondered the wrist as well, and I will get one there, some day. And the Bud Light wasn't mine...I don't do beer. But there was some rum and juice!!