Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Concert Recap

So, we went to see Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, and Kenny Chesney in concert last night. I have to say, I was quite disappointed with the sound system.....I much prefer concerts at the Idaho Center. However, it was still a fantastic concert.
Lady Antebellum - they only played a few songs, lasting about 30 minutes. And the lighting was all over the place, so most of these pictures are not the best in quality....by a long shot.





Next up was Miranda Lambert. The sound quality was horrible - her voice was too high in some songs and I was pretty unimpressed.




Until she did "I Love Rock 'n Roll"......and I love that song. So she got my vote.
And all her guitars were pink - she had several.

Then it was a big intermission while they set up for the big man, Kenny Chesney. So we all took some time to goof off.

And pose for the obligatory group shots.

ALL of us. We went with my parents, and our friends, Rob and Nicole. My brother also went with a buddy of his, and he caught up with us a little later on.


Then this curtain came down and we new what time it was: SHOW TIME.


And let me tell ya, the second he hit the stage.....the p-a-r-t-y was ON. Like Donkey Kong.....times TEN.

He was simply amazing from the first song clear to the last.





He absolutely rocked the house. And suddenly, it was a party like this:

And like this: {told ya my brother found us....and stayed with us for the rest of the concert}




And then, something a-ma-zing happened. We had talked before the concert how cool it would be if he played our wedding song {"Me and You" - it's on my music player at the bottom of the page if you care to take a listen}. And we figured it was a LONG shot simply because it was an older, very slow song. But an amazing song, nonetheless. And he played it.

And it was amazing to slow dance in the aisle to a LIVE version of our wedding song, by the original artist. I will never forget that.


And then the song was over, and the partying resumed. How do I know? Take a look at the picture below, and tell me if you see what was tossed up on stage, and then placed on the mic stand by one of the band members.

{yes, it's a bra -there were many}





And let me tell ya what absolutely won him over with the crowd. He ditched his cowboy had and put on a BSU hat, which was thrown on stage. SOLD. Guaranteed. With as much as this city backs up it's college football team, that's all he had to do to cap off a perfect night!



Oh, that and sign a ton of autographs after he was done!

And show off his butt, of course. :-)


3 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

Those are some pretty great pictures, considering the source! The butt, definitely a plus!

Anonymous said...

Wow Jen, you sure know how to post a blog! This was such a fun blog to read. The detail you put forth made me want to go to this concert!! You pictures were amazing, the words that you used inspired me, and now I really want to listen to you wedding song! Great, great blog, thanks for posting! Amazeballs pictures!!

CreativeMish said...

Looks like a fabulous time! I love Kenny!