Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Photoshop Elements Tutorial: Class 1

As I mentioned, I am taking an online {free} course from http://www.jessicasprague.com/ on some basic photo editing using Photoshop Elements 7. I acquired this amazing program through one of my good friends and I am so excited to learn how to do some neat tricks. It's pretty overwhelming to dive into a program this complex, coming from a basic program I have been using {Google Picasa}.

So the first class was showing us how to use frames and word art, which are transparent files, which overlay your picture and add some jazz to your work. I didn't go take any special pictures for this class, so I just pulled some pictures I already had and got to work.

Here is my original photo:


And here is my finished product:



This might have been a better project if I had a girl, since "sassy" was the word art that was provided with the class. But that's ok - now I know how to do it and I can use different word art next time.

2 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

Those are pretty cool! I just barely learned how to do a b/w with color. Which I think looks super classy! I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Love that border its so cute!