Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's Potty Time!

Apparently, it's time to try potty training. I wasn't expecting to have to encounter this .... er .... adventure until he closed in on three years of age. But he came to me this morning, turned around, and said "poo poo". And he had a dirty diaper. I was shocked. And scared. And what does any girl do when they are shocked and scared? They call their mama. And that's exactly what I did.
So I went out and bought a little potty chair.

So we sat down together, and I talked to him about when he needs to pee pee or poo poo, tell mommy and daddy and we will come in and sit down. And I told him that this is where the pee pee and poo poo goes.


And he went! He actually peed in the potty chair! Could be totally a fluke, but we exchanged high fives and knuckle bumps and cheers. And the timer is about to go off for the next round, so I better go! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

That's awesome!! Congrats! I had that same shower curtain btw, too funny!

Amy and Cole said...

Heck yeah man!!! He is a smart one! When you go to the standing position for pee pee, try throwing a cheerio or a fruit loop in there and tell him to hit it!!! :P It's a fun way to try it! :P Have a good one!

Lo said...

holy crap, that's like, so freakin uncommon it's almost hilarious. girl i think you struck a gold mine... my friends 3 year old is struggling like MAD to get this down pat... they even bought a pet to further demonstrate bathroom habits. congrats carter!!! way to go!!!!