Monday, May 11, 2009

Movie Review: Religulous

***disclaimer: if you are a religious person, this post might offend you.***

So, this really wasn't a movie....it was a documentary by comedian Bill Maher. Who offends quite a lot of people. Regularly. And this documentary was recommended to me by an old friend who knew I would take interest in it.

And the friend was right. I LOVED it. Every.last.minute. As a person who does not believe in religion, this documentary really drove home every last point I ever hope to make regarding religion. But I never will. Why? Because they are MY beliefs and I don't shove them down other people's throats. And I won't here, either. I will stick to my review.

The following is the synopsis from Netflix (where we get our movies):

Politically provocative talk show host Bill Maher skewers the current state of organized religion in this documentary that derives its title from a blend of the words "religion" and "ridiculous." Making stops in Jerusalem, the Vatican and other holy destinations, Maher travels the world to talk to believers from a variety of faiths to find out why they're so sure their religion is right -- and why they're so certain others are wrong.

It was a fantastic documentary and I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

Lo said...

OOO. i am SO going to pick this up from blockbuster this week. this kinda stuff just tickles me pink :) heh. i'm agnostic- i think that's the easiest way to explain myself.

Jenn said...

Same here, Lo.

♥Jacqueline said...

All I can say is, FINALLY!

:o)