Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Long Over-Due Project

I'm not sure who lived in our house before we did, but the landscaping was completely overgrown and we wanted it cleared out. It was like living at the edge of a jungle/forest. And while some people think that looks cool, it's not my idea of a nice backyard. So we enlisted some help from our families and spent about four hours clearing, cutting, weeding, trimming, grunting, and moaning....and maybe swearing. Carter played in his pool the entire time, which allowed us to really get our hands dirty and get the job done quickly.
Right side of the yard, including shed.......
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Left side of the yard, off the patio.....
BEFORE:


AFTER:


We still have quite a bit of work to do, but at least the bulk of the tough stuff is out of the way.
Thanks Mom, Dad, and Bill for your help!!

5 comments:

Brandy said...

WOW. That's a HUGE improvement. I'm not into jungles either. =)

Itskellerific said...

WOW.

♥Jacqueline said...

That looks awesome! I wish i had a backyard worth doing landscaping to. ;o)

CreativeMish said...

It looks fabulous!

dorothymae said...

You did all of that in one weekend? Why don't you bring your crew to beautiful downtown Moscow? I have to sneak home after dark so my neighbors don't run me out of town for having such a horrid yard! BUT...my backyard view of the Palouse fields and hills is breathtaking if that counts.