Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Some People Have No Class

I think I mentioned in a previous post that our new house is right around the corner from a cemetery. And not just any cemetery, but the one where my grandfather is buried. I hope to get over there tonight to take a picture of how beautiful it is right now - there are SOO many flowers from the Memorial Day weekend and it just looks amazing.


However, there always has to be some asshole out there to ruin such a beautiful thing. For years now, my family has taken countless plants and flowers to my grandpa's grave. And there have been several occasions where those plants and/or flowers have been stolen. Seriously. Stolen. Because someone feels compelled to steal stuff from a dead man's grave. And I'm sure this has happened to many other people as well. And this year was no different. I was talking to my mom on the phone last night and she told me how she and my grandmother had both taken some plants over to my grandpa. They had returned to water them, and one was missing. Who is sick enough to do that with a clear conscience?! It absolutely disgusts me that there are people like this in the human race. As my mother said, they deserve to be struck down by lightning as they are sneaking out of the cemetery with a family's gift to their lost loved one.

3 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

That's plain RUDE! I'm so sorry to hear that grandpa's flowers to taken. Ugh, the nerve of some people.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Its unbelievable how sick our country is getting. Stealing candy from a baby is mean but to steal from a grave it absolutely sick. I'll pray to Cher that whoever did that will turn gay.

CreativeMish said...

That is really sad!!