Sunday, May 17, 2009

An R&R Weekend

So, as you all know, this weekend was our much-needed girls-only weekend at the cabin. I invited some close friends....pictured below.....Nicole, Jacque, Abby, Steven (I know he's not a girl, but I made the guest list and he was allowed), me, and Tracy. We had a great weekend and I hope everyone is refreshed and rehydrated with NONalcoholic beverages. Because let me tell ya, we stayed up until 4 am both nights partying away. It was so much fun!!
On Saturday, we decided to go on a little hike/walk. We probably went back into the mountains a couple miles and the dogs had a really good time too.
On one of our stops, we noticed way high up in the tree, an osprey nest. It was massive! The picture doesn't even do it justice.....but it was pretty high up. And the mama was NOT pleased that we were hanging around.
She started circling the nest and squawking (or whatever noise they make).
She wanted to make sure we stayed as far away as possible.
And eventually, she started bringing in twigs to add to the nest. It was very cool to watch.
So then we started back....but not before arranging for a group photo!
Once we got back to the cabin, it was time for dinner. Jacque brought all the ingredients for an authentic mexican dish. It was A-mazing!

Then we built a fire out at the fire pit and the drinking began again. There was an obvious theme to the weekend activities.

And today, before we headed out, I took the troops down to the swimming hole, a/k/a heaven on earth. The water was running really high.
But that didn't stop two members of the troops.

3 comments:

Itskellerific said...

It looks like you had a fantastic time. And hey! I sort of know someone else that went with you since you introduced me to her when we went wine tasting. Seeing her in your pics got me really excited. Does that make me a creep?

I can only hope that I would have been invited if I still lived in Idaho. I really, really miss Idaho. :(

♥Jacqueline said...

Those Pictures are AWESOME! Like always though, it won't let me biggie size them... :o( lol! I heart this post!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Such a fun weekend! I know I said it a million times but thank you so much! Your cabin has the best view of mountains, rivers and wildlife. Everybody was so friendly and it was very refreshing to laugh and be outdoors!
Amazing picture of the mamma coming in for a landing, spectacular!