Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day

This has been one heck of a busy Mother's Day! I thought I was supposed to relax?! Just kidding. We started out the day taking the child swimming at the gym. Sundays are one of the family swim days and I banked on the hopes that everyone would be taking their mamas to brunch....and I was right! We were the ONLY ones in the pool and it was so much fun! The camera is still grounded from the pool, so I have no pictures of the fun....so just take my word for it.
Then, we had our parents and siblings over for a BBQ this evening. On the menu was pork tenderloin, red potatoes in butter and parsley, pasta salad, and rhubarb crisp and vanilla ice cream for dessert. It was a hit! I love that our parents get along so well - there's hardly ever a quite moment and it's never awkward.....which makes me very happy. A hostess at ease is the best! So while preparing the food, I stopped to just sit and enjoy the conversation.
And snap pictures on the sly. Carter, of course, was mostly the center of attention. He's so fun to watch and his chatter/babble is just hilarious!
I have decided that my camera is not grounded anymore.....and I have also decided it does much better with outdoor pictures. I need to sit down with the four manuals it came with and figure out more on the thousand settings and focus options.
My dad, telling stories about my parents' recent two-week adventure to Panama.
Someone was clearly deep in tought. About the bubbles, maybe?
The tables full of delicious grub.
After everyone had left, it was bath time. And then Carter finally figured out that since he's not quite tall enough to make a basket on the floor, he would utilize his music/learning chair for another purpose....and finally made a basket on his own!
The he joined Eric to play some Mario Kart on the Wii.
Seriously - look at the concentration on this kid's face! He's going to be kicking our butts at this game if we don't pay attention!

1 comment:

♥Jacqueline said...

No kidding right? I think kid's these days are automatically born with the technology gene. Jeff can't seem to stay away from the Xbox 360. We haven't even played it in a months! LOL Looks like your day was a huge success! Ours wasn't so bad. I thought it was going to get worse... MIL at my house and all. Thankfully we got it clean just in time!! LOL :oD