Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Meet Rita

Name: Rita (or Reda, if you wanna piss her off....hee, hee)
Location: (currently) Indiana
Age: 27

Let me introduce you to Rita.


She was raised in New Jersey (that's right, she's a Jersey girl). She attended Penn State University, where she obtained her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology. Rita lived in Boston for a couple years and was generous enough to let Meag and I come visit her - giving us a fabulous tour of the city. Rita is now living in Indiana, attending Purdue, with a mission to obtain her Masters and Ph.D. in clinical psychology. If you want your brain picked, Rita is your girl. Rita and I also happened to meet online.....at the same website as I described in Meag's interview. The three of us were literally three peas in a pod. Rita is also a very kind person - her family is extremely important to her and she tries to get back to New Jersey to visit her sister, mother, and father as often as time and money allow. She takes wonderful care of her mother, who is the cutest little lady!!


Rita is an extremely hard worker - working tirelessly to meet her deadlines, completing projects I would never be able to accomplish, and speaking at conferences in numerous states. I am extremely proud of the level of professionalism Rita displays in her school and work. She's one of the hardest working people I know and she will be an asset no matter where she ends up in life. (I feel like I'm writing a letter of recommendation here!!)

Rita has traveled to several amazing places in her life. When I first met Rita, she was embarking on a trip to Germany. She has been to Hawaii and Puerto Rico.....even little Boise, Idaho. I think moving to her little town in Indiana was quite the culture shock having come from New Jersey and Boston. Rita was also a member of a sorority when she was in undergrad.....and yes, she's been known to get her party on. Look for this girl to be dancing it up at the reception!!


Anyway, moving along. Here is my interview with Ms. Rita.

#1 Have you ever eaten a crayon?

I ate a lot of things as a kid...a crayon was not one of them.

#2 What do you think of toe socks?

I own several pairs - love 'em!

#3 Do you match your shoes/belt/etc with your clothes? (i.e., black with black, or brown with brown)

Yes, I'm completely girly like that.

#4 Have you ever run into a screen door or glass door?

Almost! I was at a store and actually had to stare at the store front to figure out which was the door and which was the window. Close call!

#5 What is your worst injury you have ever had?

Sprained arch in college...was on crutches for a week.

#6 What type of person were you in high school?

I was a skater/punk chick. Pretty much the antithesis of what I am now, lol.

#7 What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?

Hmmm...my cleavage? I don't know...I think you'd need to ask a guy.

#8 What do you think of when I say the word "persnickety"?

My ex-roommates...yes that's right, EX...freedom at last!!

#9 What would you like to know about the future?

Nothing. I like surprises (in theory).

#10 Have you ever cried (or used some other womanly form of blackmail) to get out of a ticket?

No, but I've only ever gotten one ticket my whole life so there's hope for the future!

#11 Have you ever stood someone up?

I join Meag in the Hall of Shame...yes.

#12 Have you ever illegally parked in a handicapped spot? And if yes, how do you think that made the handicapped person you just robbed of a spot feel?

No...I'm not that big of a b****

#13 Where is the wierdest place you have a mole?

My right butt cheek.

#14 Do you have any wierd daily routines/habits?

Hmmmmm...none that I can think of (surprisingly!).

#15 Do you use the "hover" technique in public restrooms?

Yes! ...you walk in, right. Here's the first thing, I don't care. Anywhere in the country you go, why when you walk into a public restroom. Why is everything f***ing wet?! Right, there's puddles, water all over the counter. It's dripping like you're in a f***ing cave. What happened? Was there like a shaggy dog in there after a bath? (Ode to Dane Cook)

#16 Do you parallel park or drive around the block for an easier spot?

I used to drive around the block, but recently I've decided I'm an excellent parallel parker.

#17 How often do you clean out your ears?

After developing a severe ear infection from wax build up I know clean my ears everyday after I shower. Just kidding...I would NEVER let the wax build up that much (but I do clean my ears everyday)!!

#18 Do you scruntch or fold your toilet paper?

Depends...#1: scruntch, #2 fold (have to maximize usage)!

#19 Have you ever lied to your mother? (shame on you)

When I was younger, yes.

#20 Do you laugh at yourself when you trip and totally fall on your ass?

What do you think? I just told you I fold my toilet paper when I poop to get the most use out of it....so I'm going to go with YES!

And that's Rita. One thing I should share with you is that Rita and I share an immense love for comedian, Dane Cook. You could call it an obsession, I guess. Actually, yeah, you probably SHOULD call it an obsession. A very unhealthy one, at that. We have both seen Dane live and have been known to bust out random quotes from his comedy routines. So if you happen to be around us when we are peeing our pants and trying to quote stuff between laughs and snorts, please, just let us play in our own little world for a while. No need to be alarmed. We will return to normal..............................someday.


1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

Another great story and pic's