Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yes, but is he learning anything?

There are two super important things we would like to teach our child. Education and arts. We read on a daily basis. And he loves it. I can't even count how many books he has and he's getting to the point where he is quite interactive with story time, i.e., no more monkeys jumping on the bed! He LOVES that one. And the wheels on the bus book. He has so much fun with those because we are quite animated with our reading.
Fortunately, since we started him at such a young age, he's quite relaxed with reading. I don't feel as though I have to pin him down just to read. And when we are done with one book, he says "ta da!" (the end) and runs off to get another book from the basket.
As an avid reader, seeing his excitement and interest really pleases me, and I'm always happy to sit down and go through his collection of books with him.


Music is also important. We always have music on in the house. I prefer it over the TV, hands down. 99% of the time, it's country music. But he'll dance to anything. And he gets quite into the dancing!

For those who don't know, Eric is a really good guitar player. I bought him this very nice guitar our first Christmas together. It was a pretty penny, but well worth the investment.

Right now, he's learning how to play "Chicken Fried" and "Whatever It Is" by The Zac Brown Band. Carter loves just sitting and watching Eric play. He's completely zoned in.



And occasionally, he will gets curious enough to go up to Eric and Eric will let him play along. It's quite entertaining to watch the two.

3 comments:

Itskellerific said...

Good for you!

Jon also plays guitar and sometimes sits down and plays for Spencer. She sits and watches him and is mesmerized. I also read to Spencer every day, something I have done since birth.

I'm sure Carter will grow up to be a well educated, cultured man. Handsome, too. ;)

♥Jacqueline said...

That definitely is important. I buy books for Jeff every chance I get. He loves books too! Can't wait to take him to the library! :o)

CreativeMish said...

His mind is like a sponge! Believe me! It's soaking in.