Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Five Years Ago

Five years ago yesterday, he was still here.

Five years ago today, we lost him.

Five years ago, we had to say goodbye.

Five years......really?

It seems like last week.

The boy and I took flowers.

And sat and talked to Grand-Papa.

And wished he was here to see the many things he has missed.

His first great-grandchild.

A dance at my wedding.

His own children.

His loving wife.

My heart breaks as I listen to one of the songs played at his memorial...."Dance With My Father" by Kellie Coffee. If you haven't heard it, go find it and listen to it.

And tell me it doesn't MOVE you.

It moves me.

And today, there was a little angel playing with Grand-Papa.




And the light shining down tells me.....he knew. He was smiling.

2 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

Those are some great pics! Sorry about your grandpa. I know what that feels like. :o(

Anonymous said...

Omgosh, this is a really great blog. Tears were flowing! That song is such a tear jerker. I may not like my Dad, but every time I hear "Dance With My Father" I bawl like I was 2. Great job again, may your Grand-papa Rest In Peace.
*hugs*