Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blast From the Past

Long ago, in a land far, far away....................
Ok, so anyway. Back in August of August 2001, I went to the Bahamas. It was a great vacation, despite the company I was with. I still managed to have a great time because I was in the tropics and it's no secret that I LOVE the tropics.
One of the good things that came out of the vacation was learning how to make drip castles. I had never heard of such thing, but they turned out to be pretty cool.

I camped my butt on the beach for I don't know how many hours making this masterpiece.

It took FOR-E-VER but it turned out great and I was quite proud!!


4 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

That castle is pretty nifty, if I do say so myself. :o) Ross' probably would have turned out, had it not been for the tide coming in. LOL Anywho, I swear, if we keep having issues with our men, me, you and the boys should run off to the Bahamas, then you could show us these masterful castles... ;o)

Anonymous said...

Love your drip castles. I must ask though, what the heck is a drip castle? Is it like a castle only with drip features? Or is it a drip with castle features? I wanna hear more about the land far, far way! I love stories. =)

Jenn said...

Steven - the castles start off with just a bucket full of sand, packed really hard. Then you build the drip on top of that. So, it's like a castle with drip features. :) To do the drip, you have to get the sand pretty "soupy", I believe was the description I was given. Then you grab a handful, turn your hand upside down, and let it "drip" through your pointer finger and thumb. Once it has dripped, the water will drain and the sand will stay standing.

It's hard to explain, but they are fun to do if you have enough patience! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for replying! That is so interesting. Sounds like a whole lot of fun to make. Wish that I can go to beach so I can make some drip castles.