Saturday, June 6, 2009

Well THAT didn't turn out how we'd planned!

Well, today we started off on an adventure, and certainly got a ride we weren't expecting.....straight to the emergency room. Everyone is ok.....Carter took quite the nasty fall and totally smacked his head {hard} on the cement. But before all that, we managed to have a good time!
Look at that big cheesy grin he has! What a handsome guy!
Checking out the fish at the MK Nature Center. {and not to pat myself on the back here, but all the books we are reading on animals is really paying off.....he can walk through and point out so many animals. Makes mama proud!!}


Have I ever mentioned that these things FREAK me out?! Ugh! Another irrational fear of mine.


Watch out! Those things are mean!


Carter and Daddy checking out the fish.

Carter and Mommy having a quiet moment.


Checking out more fish. {this bench is just like the one he fell off of}


We found a squirrel friend. He was hanging out in the middle of the walk-way, minding his own business. However, someone wasn't going to leave him alone for very long.....


Carter spotted him right off the bat, and he was off!


He walked really slow, getting as close as the squirrel would let him. And then the squirrel took off!!

What have you found, my child? A flower?



Awwww.....for me? What a cheese ball!! My little Romeo in the making.


Checking out more fish.


This was the last picture I got before "the incident".


Then it was off to the hospital. He hit his head pretty dang hard, and I wasn't comfortable just going home without getting it checked out. I don't mess around with head injuries. So the nurses and doctors went through all the vitals and gave us the option for a CT scan. We decided to wait a little while in the room, to see if his behavior returned to normal. My parents came down, and Carter resumed normal activity. So we opted out of the CT scan.



And we were allowed to go home. But they didn't even give him a sucker or anything! So I think we'll have some ice cream tonight as a reward for being such a good boy at the hospital.

3 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

You always get the best pictures... I'm glad your lil guy is okay. Back to his ol self again. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got so many great pictures of the Nature Center! Kind of makes me want to go now. So happy that Carter is ok. I can't imagine the panic that you guys went through.

Marchelle said...

poor little guy!!! glad he's ok!