Monday, June 1, 2009

Game Night - Game 1

Tonight was the first game of the softball season. My brother, Dana, two cousins, Matt and Brian, and uncle, Rod, all play on the same softball team. It's made up of all the kids who used to play little league together, battled against each other in high school, and now continue to play for the love of the game.....oh, and the old guys who started up the league 30 years ago. It's fantastic. I love the passion.

Of course, I took my camera along. I actually had no intention of taking any shots other than my child. But once I started on the players, I was hooked. I set the camera to action and snapped away. I had a great time!! I'm hoping to continue all season without annoying anyone by standing in their way for my best shots.


My brother got walked right off the bat, which was a good thing because he's nursing a hurt ankle and needed to test out what he could do without further injury.


Several people brought popcorn as snacks....which was a BIG mistake, because my child? LOVES popcorn. Here he is sharing with his Grandma Barb.

My cousin, Matt, plays first base and has since he was a wee child.

My other cousin, Brian, plays third base.

Get down and get ready!!




My brother plays center field and has a cannon for an arm.

He actually had a couple amazing catches tonight....but I was distracted. There was a three week old baby and my uterus was bossing me around, telling me to oogle and ooooh and aaahhhhh with the baby. So I did. And I missed some great plays. But that's ok. There will be other great plays all season.....but that baby will only be 3 weeks old once....still sporting the little white spots on his face. Sheesh man!!


The pitcher is Mike. He's amazing. He throws harder than I ever did and he is one of the original guys from the original league.....back B.K., as my parents would call it (before kids).

Matt up to bat.





My uncle, Rod (Matt and Brian's dad) up to bat. I wasn't able to get any shots of Brian up to bat, but that's my assignment next game. I was too chicken to venture over to the other side of the field......you know, in THEIR territory. But I will next week. Promise.

Carter was quite the busy kid. ALL over the place.



And then he found the drinking fountain and it was alllll downhill from there. Anyone who would pick him up and help him drink was his new best friend. I think he gained about 7 pounds of water weight by the time the game was over.


Dana up to bat.




I almost got the money shot. If I had clicked one more time, I probably would have gotten contact, but at least I have the ball IN the picture with him swinging!

The Aces won the game 8-0. Stay tuned next week!

1 comment:

♥Jacqueline said...

Looks like you had tons of fun! I haven't played softball since I was in 6th grade. I make a GREAT spectator though. LOL ;o)