Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another First

This last weekend was Dairy Days in Meridian. Which is a celebration of.......other than dairy, I'm not sure! There was cow judging all over the place - and I think Carter was quite stunned to see a cow in real life. He sees them all the time in his books, and even knows that a cow says "moooo". But to hear those mooooooo's in real life? I think he might be a little scared now. But we will get past it.
We walked around to many of the vendor booths and even won a frisbie. We had our choice of many different prizes, but Carter wanted this bright, yellow frisbie. Then we grabbed some lunch and watched a dance-off between some of the local mascots. The Texas Roadhouse Armadillo definitely won - he knew his moves!!

Then we made our way over to the carnival. This carnival is quite scaled down compared to the big fair in August. But there were still several small rides for Carter.
The first ride was the big merry-go-round. Eric offered to ride along so I could grab some pictures. I'm glad he knows the priorities in my life, lol! So we bought some tickets and got in line.

Eric got Carter situated on a rather wild horse and explained the rules of the game.


Even after hearing the rules, Carter wasn't too sure about what was going on. I think because his horse was a little too excited about the whole ordeal.
Nonetheless, the ride started, and 'round and 'round they went. We tried several times to get Carter to smile and wave, but his concentration was too intense.

So Daddy had to force a wave!


Next up was a solo ride. This ride specifically stated that you had to be UNDER 48 inches tall to ride. Meaning.............we had to let him go by himself. And trust me - we stood there for a while and debated whether or not to do this. He's not even two. We had no idea if he would actually stay confined to his seat, or try to make a get-away. But once we saw that one of the carts was a "doddie", we had to let him go.
So, once again, Eric took him in and explained the rules.



But you know what? Those people that invented these rides and put those little blue fake steering wheels in there? Genuises I tell ya. He was quite distracted with those wheels for quite a while. Meaning.....he wasn't crawling out.

And it was so hard to watch him do it all by himself!

My little guy.....all alone in that big "doddie".

At least he glanced my way!


I can't wait to take him to the big fair this August so he can ride more rides!


2 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

I'm soooooooooo looking forward to the big fair! We took Jeff last year, and he wasn't big enough for nothing, so this year, going to be different. Maybe we can take the boys together on an off day. ;o)

CreativeMish said...

Cute! I love the Doddie!