Sunday, February 22, 2009

Knick Knack Tour

For those who know me, the following item on our knick knack tour of my house comes as no surprise.
I still have my baby blanket. The Duck.
My grandmother (on my dad's side - now deceased) made this blanket for me before I was even born. My parents tried many times, clearly unsuccessfully, to rid me of this blanket. They didn't throw it away - it was simply folded up and put on the top shelf in my closet. I would make it a couple of nights (MAYBE) without The Duck before dragging it back out.

I still sleep with The Duck. Every night. Underneath my head. I have drawn a line, however, and The Duck no longer leaves the house. A good friend of mine also holds tight to her baby blanket and she has been known to take it on camping trips, and even on her honeymoon. The Duck was not a travel companion on my honeymoon. ;-)

No comments: