Friday, February 20, 2009

Knick Knack Tour

So, like most people, I have some pretty random things around my house. Some are cool, some are just plain wierd. Let's take a tour of all things cool and wierd, shall we?
First item up? A bowling pin. Yes. I have a bowling pin in my house. No, I didn't steal it. My grandfather (on my dad's side) used to own a bowling alley in Oregon. All four brothers on my dad's side of the family are big bowlers. They have bowled on a league together since I was a wee child. They still bowl. Every Thursday. Most always in tribute to their father.
When my grandfather closed down his bowling alley and moved back here to Idaho to be near his family, he brought some keepsakes with him. Such as? Bowling pins from the bowling alley. Makes sense! So the one I have sits on a shelf in my closet.

I pulled it out for this blog post and of course, curiosity killed the cat. It's almost too heavy for him to lift! Have you ever held a bowling pin? Those suckers aren't light!!

3 comments:

Marchelle said...

ok, actually? that's pretty cool! i like how its vintagey and it's a great conversation piece! don't put it back in that closet!

Lo said...

I LOVE IT. you should display it! outside of the ol' closet! i love quirky stuff like this! i got my grandpas elephant collection when he passed, and now they're my fav animals :) love it can't wait to see more!

♥Jacqueline said...

As my grandfather always said, "Curiosity killed the cat, but SATISFACTION brought him back." LOL What a great topic! Although, I have nothing "special" in my house...