Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Married a Thief

We enjoyed a rare night out last night. We had quite the group of people. Our regular friends, Rob and Nicole, came out, along with their friends, Shawna (my husband's ex....and no, it wasn't awkward) and Brad, and my brother, Dana.
(Nicole and Shawna)


(My brother (Dana) and me)

We had a great time. We went to this dive bar called The Navajo. This place has been around since my parents were our age. Not that I'm saying that's a LONG time or anything. Just a historical note. Maybe historical isn't the right word either. Anyway! So The Navajo also features karaoke. And for anyone that knows my husband, he would have married karaoke if it was legal in Idaho. He loves it. He has no fear of singing in front of people.
(Eric and Rob)

He also has no fear of singing with whoever happens to be on stage.

(Nicole and Eric)

Or grabbing the group of guys and making them sing along with him.

(I LOVE the look on my brother's face! Priceless. Why? Because he's just like me - will NOT perform in front of crowds. But apparently there was just enough alcohol in his system to inspire him.)
But as the night wore on, the husband started jumping in to random people's karaoke fun. Did they mind? Absolutely not!
And occasionally, he would let Nicole and Shawna perform alone. He's generous like that and all.
But as soon as someone broke out the Green Day? He was gone. He's a punk at heart
As you can no doubt tell. And please notice in this picture below that I am such a stellar photographer when I am intoxicated, that I can catch other people sloshing their beer around. What a party foul!
To finish out the night, and old friend of the husband's showed up. He sang the last song of the night...in the wee hours of the morning...and the husband just couldn't let him perform alone either. It was a great night!

3 comments:

Marchelle said...

So is next weekend ok for me to come out & visit? GAH we could so hang!!! We have the same bar here, only it's called the Red Dog. Same 1970's paneling on the walls, total dive, been around even BEFORE my parents were my age...
And for the record, your hubby and me? We would have owned that mic. I have not and will not (probably) ever sing by myself, but if I'm up there with at least one other person, I am a total mic hog and I will try my hardest to outsing every one else! =P

Itskellerific said...

Can I expect to do this with you two when I come to town? If you get me drunk enough, I will be right by Eric's side the entire time.

♥Jacqueline said...

Sounds like you guys had a good night! Have you guys bought that game that you can sing with a mic yet?? LOL ;o)