Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

So today is my birthday. 27 whole years of age. We had a pretty low key weekend. Friday night, my brother babysat the child while the hubby and I went out for a fancy dinner. Everyone had a good time - even though my brother wasn't subjected to a dirty diaper. Dang it!!
Last night, we had frozen yogurt. The child cried. It was too cold and all he wanted to do was play with the tops of the containers. Go figure. Kind of like having all the toys in the world, but playing with the remote is his favorite thing ev-er.
Then we played. It made the crying from the coldness stop. All was right in the world again.


And today, we were extra love-y. I love it when he wants hugs. It absolutely melts my heart. And then he snuggles into my neck...*sigh* Being a mom is the best.


But this, this breaks my heart. He walks outside all on his own. Doesn't need mama's help at all. Off to discover what is out there in the world for him.

Off we went to my parents' house - where a delicious meal of manicotti awaited us. Even Brittany got to go.....and since it was raining, she got to ride inside the truck. Lucky girl!!

Birthday girl and the hubby.
Uh oh - he has learned how to hide from the camera. I doubt this will last long - we all know how much of a ham he is.

And he found a new toy. The yellow bat. The infamous yellow bat. Which is used to keep my parents' .... let's call her .... HYPER .... dog in check, lol! Just a warning tap, relax. ;)
And gee, who would have thought that he would find the remote at grandma and grandpa's? Shocking.


No comments: