Thursday, November 13, 2008

Actual Conversation

Let me set the mood for this conversation that was just had.


I owe money to my family doctor. Not a huge sum. Less than $50. Two weeks ago, I sent a check for $10 because that's all I could afford at the time. And $10 is better than $0. At least to me, anyway. The doc cashed the check last week. And they called me today.


Doc Asst.: I am calling regarding your outstanding balance of $36. Are you able to pay that balance today?

Me: No. Didn't I just make a payment last week?

Doc Asst.: Let me see. (pulls up account) Yes, we have a payment of $10 credited to your account last week.

Me: So now I have to make another payment THIS week?

Doc Asst.: Well, understand that this account is outstanding.

Me: Right. I get that. But I just made a payment LAST week, and I haven't been paid between last week and this week. So there is no money to give you. You will have to wait until next paycheck.

Doc Asst.: And at that time, will you be able to pay off this account in full?

Me: I'm not sure. I will have to see what my budget looks like at that point in time. But I will be able to make some sort of payment, yes.

Doc Asst.: Would you like to make payment arrangements for that now?

Me: Um, no. I just told you, I don't know what my budget is at this point. So I will just send another check when I figure out how much I have left over.

Doc Asst.: Ok ma'am, but understand that this will be turned over to collection if you continue to not make payments.

Me: I HAVE made payments. And apparently that's not good enough. So I'll just continue to send in my $10 checks because I know your practice obviously can't function without it.
CLICK


Ugh! Seriously - why do collection people have to be so freakin' rude? Especially when I am making efforts to work with them?!

5 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

Ohhh, This whole things gets me steamed! Somehow, some way, these agencies think that we have "Money Trees" at our disposal in our back yards! Next time, I'd say, "Apparently you or any other agency isn't aware of our economic crisis, but to the rest of the country, money is a bit tight. You can either take it, or leave it."

♥Jacqueline said...

Did you record this conversation, or did you remember it verbatim?? LOL.

Jenn said...

Oh it pissed me off enough that I remembered it.

Marchelle said...

not so much rude, as retarded!?! LOL

and i say you, me and lo start a cheese lovers anonymous group and call it "DUDE I FREAKIN LOVE CHEESE SO BAD"

you in?

Jenn said...

I am soooooo in!