Friday, November 14, 2008

One Minute Writing

So a website (http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/) was recommended to me. It's a whole variety of topics, posted daily, that you are supposed to spend one minute writing about. I think it's a great idea to get your mind flowing each day.


The first topic I am going to address is three goals that I would like to achieve in life.


Goal #1: To raise a happy, healthy family


Nothing is more important to me than my family - my husband and child. We will have more children. Just not today. Or tomorrow. Or next year. But we will. And I can't even begin to list out all the things I NEED to teach my children. There are so many things in life that I can bestow upon my children and I can't wait for those days to arrive. Carter is quite limited on communication right now - though I know that won't last for much longer as his vocabulary is already expanding. But it's important that I teach my children everything within my power. And to give them live experiences and memories that they will carry with them forever. Whether that's at home, around town, in museums, schoolwork, or out in the great outdoors.....life has so many things to offer and I was lucky enough to experience and learn so much during MY childhood. I simply cannot wait to give my children what my parents gave to me.


Goal #2: To successfully retire


Though I am a long way off (knock on wood) from retiring, the thought is often on my mind. And I often question if I will be able to retire successfully, i.e., with enough money to live how I want to live, for the rest of my days. Without the stress of running out of money, or having to downgrade the things in life that I enjoy. I look forward to the day where there is no rush to get to work, no battle with traffic, the boss, co-workers, etc. I look forward to relaxing days with my husband, doing what we want to do, going where we want to go, and watching my children stress about THEIR children, lol!


Goal #3: To write a book


Whether it ever gets published or not, I don't care. I have actually attempted writing several books already. The first one, when I was a teenager. Writing comes naturally to me - when I actually sit down and put my mind to it. And I love reading, so I am exposed to various styles of writing. But most appealing to me is a book, written by me, about my life, that I can someday pass on to my children. That's a dream of mine. But when do you start that? And do you just keep adding to it? Or do you just consider it a finished work and be done with it? I don't have those answers just yet. But I will figure it out. When the time is right and the story flows.

No comments: