Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wedding Details

For those who don't know, and I'm sure you all do, Eric and I have decided to try and get married this year. We attempted this last year, but a little fella named Carter came into the picture. So the wedding was placed on hold. Alas, here we are again.

I already have my dress - it was purchased a couple years ago when I learned that the designer was going out of business. I have seen many wedding dresses since then that are beautiful, but nothing has struck me like this dress. So I'm sticking with it!



I have the bridesmaids dresses picked out - I have two, one more is on order and should be here in April. I am having three bridesmaids. They are all extremely close friends and I'm not picking between them to have a maid of honor.


The wedding will be at the Bishop's House in Boise, ID. I fell in love with this house when I attended a good friend's wedding in high school. We will have an evening, outdoor ceremony. I think we are going to do a garden style wedding - I keep going back and forth on that - but I'm about 80% sure that that's what I want.


I am making my own centerpieces - pictures coming soon. The colors will be navy blue, peri, and ivory. My dress is a light ivory color. The table linens will be alternated between navy and ivory.

My bouquet will consist of ivory mini-calalilies (sp?) with blue tied in somehow. We haven't met with the florist yet to really narrow down exactly what it will look like. But here are some brainstorm ideas so far:


My mom and aunt are going to be doing all the food. My aunt loves to cook, so she and my mom are putting together a list of heavy hors d' vours (sp?) for us to pick and choose from.

I haven't decided on a place for the cake yet. I have many ideas......I just need to go do some tasting!

1 comment:

Sandee said...

Calla Lilies are one of my favorite flowers. I love the white with the blue. Absolutely stunning!