Tuesday, March 11, 2008

How It All Began


I will not provide a complete summary of my pregnancy; however, some details will be shared. I bawled the second the test came back positive. Absolutely bawled. We had just received the wedding budget from my parents and had the date picked out. All I wanted was my wedding. And now it was put on hold. However, once I got over the initial disappointment/fear/fear/fear, lol, I embraced what was going to become of my life.


It was very easy and I loved being pregnant. I never had morning sickness. I had incredible back pain pretty much from day one of finding out I was pregnant. I had significant swelling the last two months of my pregnancy, which sent everyone but my doctor and me into a panic. The ladies at work constantly harassed me to drink more water, eat less salt, put my feet up, don't sit by my space heater, etc. etc. It was obnoxious simply because my doctor was not concerned. My blood pressure was excellent - not even up from before pregnancy. So I took all the comments with a grain of salt.


I gained 40 pounds. Probably more than I should have, but I didn't care. I had the time of my life. I ate, I sat out and watched softball games, I went camping, I hiked down to the river at the cabin, I went fishing with Eric, I flew to Vegas by myself at 7 months pregnant, took three weekends in a row at the cabin 9 months pregnant, etc. I was active as could be. And catered to as well. That was nice!!! Can't wait to do THAT part again, lol!


Here is a picture of me 9 months pregnant. The birth story to follow soon......

No comments: