Thursday, March 27, 2008

Random Fact #2

One of my life dreams is to see the castles in Europe.

My family consists largely of English, Irish, and German heritage. Fortunately for me, all three places boast amazing castles. One of my life dreams is to travel through the countrysides of England and Europe and tour some of the amazing castles, whether maintained, or just the ruins. The entire subject fascinates me - the time period, how the castles were built and maintainted, the lifestyle, the kings, the princesses, the arranged marriages, etc. Everything about it. I have done lots of research on castles over the years, including the family names associated with the castles. The Blake name (my grandfather's name) pops up many times. Who knows if we are in the same lineage, but it's nice to think that maybe some day, way back then, my family resided in some of the great castles.

I hope that some day, I can make this dream come true. Maybe an idea for our 5th wedding anniversary?




1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

It would be fabulous to be able to see all of them