Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Baby's First Christmas

Oh what a time. I love Christmas. It's my favorite holiday - hands down. I love everything about the season. The snow, the shopping, even all the people out shopping. I think it makes the season what it is. I love wrapping presents. I like to get very creative, when I can, and make all the presents look unique. I like a certain kind of wrapping paper. I don't go for the $0.99 bin of paper. I love ribbons and bows and cute name tags. I love listening to Christmas music, and have a couple mix CDs I have made over the years. I love decorating the Christmas tree. My parents always had a tradition of putting my baby ornament on first, and I carried over that tradition into our family this year.

This year, we decided to do Christmas Eve at my parents' house. We had lots of food, played games, opened presents, played more games, ate more food, etc. It's my favorite day out of the entire year.

Christmas Day, we invited Eric's immediate family over to our house. We prepared some prime rib, ham, green bean casserole, potatoes, etc. It was all extremely delicious. We opened presents. Carter went down for a nap right before, so we had to open his presents for him. I don't think he would have been much into it anyway. I already can't wait for next year when he'll be more into it!!







No comments: