Monday, March 31, 2008

Random Fact #5

I am a spelling and grammar FREAK.


I have had an eye for spelling and grammar since my wee days in school. I always wrote excellent papers, often waiting until the night before they were due to begin the writing........it just flowed for me. And other students hated me for that. I was always the person other students brought their stuff to for proofreading, and teachers often asked for my assitance in grading papers. I'm a nerd at heart. For "community service" in National Junior Honor Society, I would go back to my elementary school at T.A. for my favorite teachers. Even after my requirements for community service were fulfilled, I still found myself walking back to the elementary school to help. Bad grammar and spelling stick out like a sore thumb. I often correct people when they are speaking - which, I know, is rude and people don't care to hear me correct them. But honestly, it's out of my mouth before I can even stop myself!

No comments: