Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Baby's First Thanksgiving

Unfortunately, Carter did not get to experience a true turkey dinner this year. However, I did dress him up in a Baby's First Thanksgiving outfit (a mom is a mom). We spent the first part of the day at my parents' house. We brought my friend, Jenny, along. Her family lives in Eureka, Nevada and she wasn't able to be home for the holiday. And I wasn't about to let her spend it alone. So I invited her to my family's celebration. The dinner was excellent - turkey, mashed potatoes (my favorite), stuffing (NOT my favorite), cranberry sauce, veggie trays, etc. It was delish. We were originally going to go light on the food, but honestly, who can sit there and look at/smell all that food and not sample a little bit?

Next, we headed over to Eric's family's dinner. Where we ate. Again. And games were played. It was a really small house, with too many people, and Carter was hot and cranky. More excellent food.


No comments: