Sunday, August 16, 2009

More Zoo-Ventures

So I totally spaced the fact that I had a ton of pictures from our zoo-ventures last weekend! I was uploading all of my pictures of today's playdate and realized I never did a post about the zoo. So the playdate will come with tomorrow's post. Deal?
So last Sunday, we decided we needed to get out of the house. The zoo is always a hit with Carter, especially now that he knows so many of the animals and the noises they make.

These pictures are in no order whatsoever and no editing. I'm tired. I need a nap. So here they are - SOOTC. {straight-out-of-the-camera..........my dad will ask me}
I have no idea what this little cat fella is, but I want him. He's so cute!! And he poses so pretty.


Carter and Eric walking around.....well, Eric walking. Carter hitched a ride.


Beautiful bird!


It must have been nap day at the zoo because so many of the animals were snoozing away! This fox was super cute.


These fellas were LOUD!! They were putting on quite the show with their hoots and hollars, and swinging like.....well....MONKEYS all around their branches!

The llama eating his morning snack.

Another snoozer.


And gee, another one! This was the snow leopard and I was really excited to see him. But he couldn't be disturbed today. No worries - there was another one later on that was QUITE active.


Carter test driving the african jeep.


The lion and his ladies.




The tigers never fail to impress me. They are definitely my favorites - so massive and beautiful. There are two - brothers - and one was pacing non-stop and the other was enjoying some sun-tanning in the water.




Excuse the fence in this picture - but this is the other snow leopard who was a riot to watch. If you can see, he has his LONG, thick tail in his mouth. I'm not sure what game he was playing, but it was like watching a dog chase its tail. And that's exactly what he was doing!! And he was up on a platform at first, and then slipped and fell down about 6 feet. It was quite scary to watch! But we all know what they say about cats - he definitely landed on his feet. And then ran off and the show was over. But I was laughing so hard watching him play!


The komodo dragon.

Then the massive turtle!!


We had a great family outing for relatively cheap. Can't wait to go back - maybe more of the animals will be awake next time!

No comments: