Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cabin Fun: Day 1

This last weekend, we went up to my family's cabin. It was a project weekend - a portion of the deck was in dire need of replacement. The majority of the deck is covered, but this one section is completely exposed, and during the harsh winter months of several feet of snow (sometimes per day), it takes its toll. So Eric, my dad, and my uncle got to work with the tear-out and replacement.






This was my role: supervisor. With my cheeseball kid.





Carter sure learned a lot of things this trip. For instance: he learned that hours and hours could be spent throwing rocks to Jesse in the water. He would throw. She would chase. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It was great entertainment for them both.


I'm so glad this child is a water baby!!



Here he is, throwing more rocks for Jesse. She would literally dunk her head under the water to try to find them. It's hilarious to watch!



So Eric decided he would teach Carter how to dunk his head under as well! My fearless child was up for the challenge!


My dad and his favorite "Papa".


And the other fearless one, jumping off the rock at the swimming hole.


After hours at the swimming hole, it was time to head back to the cabin for some dinner. While we were waiting, I decided to put Carter in the hammock. He definitely liked it!

But he was looking a little too comfy, so mama had to join him.


Then he found a new best friend. Guiness was such a good boy with Carter! And Carter talked his ears off. First he would pinch his cheeks.


Then he would lean in really close and tell Guiness his stories.

Are you listening, Guiness?!


That dog was so patient with him! It was fun to watch!

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

Very nice! Carter looks so cute playing in the water!