Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Random Fact #19

I am afraid of the dark.


I'll admit it - I am 26 years old and still afraid of the dark. I'm not sure why - too many scary movies? Definitely a possibility. My imagination runs overtime and I hate being in the dark.......whether it's in my own house, someone else's house, driving in the car, camping, etc. There are times where I still run and jump on the bed! Seriously! And camping really wierds me out because you are out in the middle of the wilderness with wild, unpredictable animals. Having a gun makes me feel somewhat safer........though I know Eric's rifle would be no match for a bear. I somewhat got over the fear when I lived alone - I really had no choice! But now, when Eric isn't home at nights, like when he goes camping with the guys, my preference is to leave the bathroom light on and shut the door. I wonder if I'll ever get over this fear.

1 comment:

Cristie said...

You will never get over it. I am 37 and still have the same fears that you do. Too many scary movies, I think? I once sat in Kuna Cave by myself for about 30 minutes in the dark. Talk about scary. I'm still scarred by that one.