Friday, April 18, 2008

Random Fact #15

I was a devil child!

I think I was perfectly nice until all the other children started showing up! ;) I wasn't particularly fond of my little brother growing up - and we made no secret of it. When he was just a few weeks old, my mom was vacuuming, so I took him and put him on the shower floor and left him there. When my mom came to check on us, she asked where he was and I just shrugged my shoulders and gave the "I don't know, mommy" response. She eventually found him - he's still alive!

One time in Cascade (I think?) there was this green car that my cousin, Matt, was fascinated with. I'm not sure what possessed me, but I told him that a witch lived in the car. He wouldn't step near that car after that!

When my brother was a little bit older..............maybe 6? I'm not sure. Anyway, I was cleaning out his ear with a q-tip, and it tickled him and he jerked his head toward me. Well, the q-tip ruptured his ear drum and it was bleeding like crazy. He wasn't really crying or anything, so I just covered him up and told him to go to sleep. I went to my room, put on my pj's and crawled into bed. My mom came tearing into my room minutes later telling me that we were going to the hospital. Of course, I ask "why, mom?" She told me I knew why. ;)

There are many other stories of my constant harassment of my brother and cousin Matt. Too many to share here. It's so much fun being the oldest!!!

(Easter, 1984)

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

LOL! No wonder you and Eric were meant for each other!