Thursday, April 10, 2008

Random Fact #12

I love camping!
When it's decent weather, I love camping. I love being on the river, watching Eric fish, reading a good book, and of course sitting by the campfire laughing until our stomachs hurt. I love camping whether it's just me and Eric, or a whole group of people. We went last year a couple times, including when I was pretty darn fat and pregnant!
My family has gone camping for as long as I can remember.....whether it's renting cabins in Deadwood, Boiling Springs, or Third Forks (Sage Hen?), or trailer camping in Prairie......we always had such a good time. It was always my mom, dad, brother, aunt, uncle, and cousins Matt and Brian. There was hardly ever a vacation without the 8 of us there. And the dogs. ALWAYS the dogs. We have camping songs - one of which WILL be included at the wedding. THE camping song. And I will have it played long after all the "other" guests have left. And I will insist that the 8 of us sit around and sing the song just like we always did. My wedding will not be complete without it. We have tried to include others in our camping adventures, but some have left in the middle of the night, and others, well, we scared the pee out of them when we all broke out in song with THE camping song. :) I guess some people just can't handle the 8 of us! I will have to dig out some of the camping pictures from long ago to revisit some memories!
Here is a picture of us over Memorial Day 2006 in Hell's Canyon.

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

Sounds like fun! You'll have to teach me the camping song!