Tuesday, April 15, 2008

About Me

Eric's Aunt Cristie posted a blog about things that she admires about herself, things she enjoys, and things she expects of herself. I figured this would be a good time to make my own list since I have been feeling very down lately.

Things I admire about myself:

I am very organized.......when it's something I care about.
I have three extremely good friends who have been just that for years now. I hope to maintain them as life-long friends and their friendship is invaluable to me.
I am a hard worker. Whether it's work or school, or whatever I put my mind to, I strive to work hard and excel.
I feel I am a great mother. My son is the light of my life, and seeing him smile when he sees me walk into a room melts my heart.
I am dependent - if I say I am going to do something, or be somewhere, it will happen. I don't like letting people down, so I always strive to please everyone.
I admire myself for going to therapy and addressing issues from my past that needed to be dealt with. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done.

Things I enjoy:

I love reading. I could spend a day on the couch or outside reading a good book and never get bored.
I enjoy alone time. I don't get it anymore now that I have Carter, so it's definitely something that I miss.
I love playing with Carter. If someone could pay me to just roll around on the floor and play with him all day, I would LOVE it!

Things I expect of myself:

I expect to be a hard worker. It's something I firmly believe in and expect it of those around me as well.
I expect to get back into amazing shape for my wedding/honeymoon.
I expect to be a good mother. I want Carter to have a fabulous childhood and I know I'm responsible for that.

No comments: