Saturday, April 19, 2008

Random Fact #16

I have been to Ground Zero.

Aside from a few specific deaths in the family, and giving birth to Carter, this was one of the most moving moments in my life. Back in May of 2005, when I was visiting my friend, Rita, in Boston, we went to NYC for about a day and a half. We canvassed as much as we possibly could in one day...........seeing The Bronx, Soho, Greenwich Village, Central Park, Queens, Times Square, etc. One of the visits included Wall Street, and Ground Zero happened to be across the street. What a moment. There was not one person standing or walking by that was not crying. And I didn't know how I would react, but standing there, knowing what happened and the lives that were lost, the tears came in abundance. It was very emotional. I'm glad I had the chance to see it while it was still in clean-up/construction, before anything new had been built.





No comments: