Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Random Fact #14

I LOVE baseball.

I'm pretty much a sports fan in general - I will watch golf, tennis, basketball, and football. Soccer doesn't interest me and I only watch hockey live. My family is very sports-oriented. But baseball is my true love. I love watching it live or on TV. I love coming home from work on a warm spring day, opening all the windows in the house to get a breeze coming through, and turning on a good game. It doesn't necessarily have to be my favorite team, but it helps!

My favorite team happens to be the Red Sox. I still love the Braves, and I always will, but for several years now, I have been seriously loving the Sox.



I had the opportunity back in May of 2005 to fly out to Boston and take a vacation with my two best friends, Meag and Rita. Meag lives in California and Rita actually lived in Boston at the time. So we got to stay with Rita at her house and she showed us around Boston. The Red Sox weren't playing in town while we were there, so we were only able to do a tour of Fenway.


Still awesome though! The Sox just so happened to be playing at Yankee Stadium.......and gosh, we just so happened to have bought tickets in advance. So we were able to see the biggest rivalry in sports history AT Yankee Stadium. It really doesn't get any better than that. I have pictures at home of the game and Yankee Stadium, and more of Fenway, so I'll have to dig those out and post them. The game was one of the highlights of my life - there really is no bigger rivalry than tha Yankees and Red Sox. The fans at the game were extremely rude and overall, I was not imporessed with New York people as a whole. However, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity and, like I have been known to do, I pushed the boundaries and actually wore a Red Sox shirt to Yankee Stadium. There were concerns about how hazardous to my health this could potentially be - and it was scary; I had people in my face screaming.........I just had to laugh. Because, even though I am a HUGE baseball fan, it IS just a game.

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

Sounds like alot of fun! I bet you're looking forward to the day you can play again