Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pregnancy Tracker - 31 weeks

Well the last week has been the worst week so far.  My body decided that I needed to get sick again, so here I am, battling another terrible sinus cold.  And the fainting episodes are getting much worse - yesterday's lasted an hour and was followed by a phone call to my doctor.  He seems to think it's a blood sugar issue, and wants me to eat right when I roll out of bed in the morning (as opposed to waiting until I get to work).  The baby clearly needs more calories and sugar, and isn't being sustained overnight from the time we eat dinner until the time I eat breakfast.  So hopefully eating a little snack first thing in the morning will eliminate these concerning episodes.

Other than that, we put together the crib the other night - and let me tell you, THAT certainly made things real.  Like, less than two months from now, there will be a baby in this house.  And that brought on a whole list of fears that kind of snuck up on me.

How do you go grocery shopping with two kids?

Will we give equal attention to both?

How do we make this easier for Carter so he doesn't feel remotely "left out"?

Will the baby crying for a feeding in the middle of the night wake up Carter?

And on and on - a thousand questions and concerns went flashing through my head.

Here's what babycenter.com says about the pregnancy at 31 weeks:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

No comments: